Does your organization use the Slack communication tool?
You can now tag roles and Slack will automatically alert all of the individuals filling that role. Enabling this feature will keep your Slack team's user groups in sync with GlassFrog roles and role-fillers.
- Premium GlassFrog
- a paid Slack account (Standard, Plus, or Enterprise will work)
- GlassFrog Slack integration enabled (instructions here)
How to set up the configuration (from GlassFrog):
- As an GlassFrog Admin, go to the Organization Settings page in your Admin menu and click on the "Enable usergroup sync" button.
- As soon as you have clicked, you will have the option to run a full sync that will create a user group for each of the roles in your organization. Click "Ok" to the prompt to continue.
- When the status "syncing" appears, the sync has begun. It may take a while to complete (an hour or more, depending on the size of your organization).
- When the sync is complete, you can go to Slack to begin using the user group feature.
How to use the feature in Slack:
- In Slack, start typing @ followed by any role name. A drop-down list of roles, ordered alphabetically, will appear. Pick the role you want to address.
- Write your message and submit it.
- Each person filling the tagged role will be notified about your message, the same as if you had used their individual names.
- Slack email addresses need to match GlassFrog email addresses, or else the sync system will not be able to match role-fillers with individuals on Slack. If you're having trouble syncing individuals, double check that the emails match.
- You can disable the integration at any time by going back to your Organization Settings in GlassFrog.
- Users who are guests in your Slack organization will not be able to use this feature. However, they may set up a work-around using Slack's instructions for keyword notifications.