Following you'll find how to perform some basic features to get started with your organization.
You can also watch this 10 min introductory video if you prefer the video format.
1. Configure your organization's first circle
By default, when you create your GlassFrog organization, the outermost circle (or anchor circle to use the Holacracy term), is called "General". Here's a definition of the anchor circle.
- Rename the General circle to your organization's name
- Maintain the General circle as the outermost circle and create a sub-circle for your primary organization circle
- For an example - see HolacracyOne's GlassFrog organization where the outermost circle is the "Board" circle.
2. Enter in your organization's purpose
Holacracy is built for purpose-driven organizations, so see how to add your purpose to your GlassFrog chart.
3. Create roles
Roles are created the same way that a circle is created (in fact, circles are just special roles in Holacracy), simply open a governance meeting and add an item to the agenda.
- Explore this article create your first organizational roles.
4. Invite new members to your organization
Find the option to Add New Member under the "Account Members" section of the Admin menu. This article provides further information.
- Need to import a list of users? You can do this yourself as Admin, see this article.
- Want to start your organization without sending additional email notifications to your members? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Assign members to roles
People need to be in roles to begin work and to start evolving the organization. It's the Lead Link of the circle who assigns members to roles. First assign the Lead Link. Then have the Lead Link assign members to existing roles.
That's it! You have started your GlassFrog organization!