Don't want to wait for a governance meeting? Want to process a tension right when you sense it?
If you are a member of a premium GlassFrog organization, you can create what we call an "asynchronous governance proposal" or "governance outside of a governance meeting".
Here are the steps to create a proposal:
- Go to the My Tensions page.
- You will see two buttons to the right labeled "Add Proposal" and "Add Tension". You can turn any existing tension into a proposal, or you can start crafting the proposal from scratch.
- If you click the "Add Proposal" button, you will be given a choice of your circles.
- After choosing one of them, a screen will pop up that looks like this:
- You can enter a description of your tension and then craft a proposal that you think might address it.
- Once you have made your starting proposal (recalling that it does not have to be perfect!) you can select "Propose Now" to have this proposal emailed to your circle members for review, or
- Select "Save for Meeting" to save your work and then use these instructions to pull this proposal into your next governance meeting.
That's it! You are on your way to creating governance outside of a governance meeting.