The answer to this question depends on whether your organization is running Holacracy version 4.1 or Holacracy version 5.0. According to the Holacracy v5 constitution, members have to have roles in order to join circles. So the below instructions will only work for organizations running v4.1.
If your organization is running v4.1, members can be added to a circle in two ways:
- The first way is to assign them to a role within a circle.
See the following article for help with that: How do I assign someone to a role?
- The second way is to add them as a member of the circle without a role assignment. This is the way described in this article.
1. From the Home page, in the org chart, click on the circle where you want to add the member with no role assignment:
2. On the circle page, go to the "Members" tab and click on the "+" sign (the button is only available to the Lead Link and the Secretary of the circle, and your organization's Admins):
3. Then enter the name or select the member to be added and click the "Add Member" button:
Related: How do I add a new user to my GlassFrog organization?